- M. Huang, J. Zhou, D. Chen, H. Lu, N. J. McLaughlin, S. Li, M. Alghamdi, D. Djugba, J. Shi, H. L. Wang, and C. H. R. Du, Wide Field Imaging of van der Waals Ferromagnet Fe3GeTe2 by Spin Defects in Hexagonal Boron Nitride, Nature Communications 13, 5369 (2022).
- G. Q. Yan, S. Li, H. Lu, M. Huang, Y. Xiao, L. Wernert, J. A. Brock, E. E. Fullerton, H. Chen, H. L. Wang, and C. H. R. Du, Quantum Sensing and Imaging of Spin-orbit-torque-driven Spin Dynamics in Noncollinear Antiferromagnet Mn3Sn, Advanced Materials 34, 2200327 (2022).
- H. L. Wang, S. Zhang, N. J. McLaughlin, B. Flebus, M. Huang, Y. Xiao, C. Liu, M. Z. Wu, E. E. Fullerton, Y. Tserkovnyak, and C. H. R. Du, Quantum Sensing of Spin Transport Properties of an Antiferromagnetic Insulator, Science Advances 8, eabg8562 (2022).
- E. Lee-Wong, R. L. Xue, F. Y. Ye, A. Kreisel, T. van der Sar, A. Yacoby, and C. H. R. Du, Nanoscale detection of magnon excitations with variable wavevectors through a quantum spin sensor, Nano Lett. 20, 3284 (2020).
- C. H. Du, T. Van der Sar, T. X. Zhou, P. Upadhyaya, F. Casola, H. Zhang, M. C. Onbasli, C. A. Ross, R. L. Walsworth, Y. Tserkovnyak, and A. Yacoby, Control and Local Measurement of the Spin Chemical Potential in a Magnetic Insulator, Science 357, 195 (2017).
Our research group focuses on developing quantum sensing and imaging technique to study various properties (spin, charge, and heat, etc) of novel materials in the nanometer scale. Our research tools are versatile, including optical measurement based on nitrogen vacancy center in diamond, transport and microwave spectroscopy as well as scanning probe magnetometry.
For more about our research, please visit the website of the group
HONORS AND AWARDS
Office of Naval Research (ONR) Young Investigator Program Award (2023)
Department of Energy Early Career Award (2022)
International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) Early Career Scientist Prize in the field of Magnetism (2022)
NSF CAREER Award (2021)
Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) Young Investigator Award (2021)
Harold and Suzy Ticho Endowed Faculty Fellowship in Physics, University of California, San Diego (2019)