- Paddock M. L., Boyd JS, Adin DM and Golden SS (2013) The Active Output State of the Synechococcus Kai Circadian Oscillator. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci.USA 110(40):E3849-57. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1315170110.
- Lipper CH, Paddock M. L, Onuchic JN, Mittler R, Nechushtai R, Jennings PA (2015) Cancer-Related NEET Proteins Transfer 2Fe-2S Clusters to Anamorsin, a Protein Required for Cytosolic Iron-Sulfur Cluster Biogenesis. PLoS ONE 10(10): http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0139699.
- Tamir, S1., Paddock, M. L.1, Darash-Yahana-Baram, M., Holt, S. H., Sohn, Y. S., Agranata, L., Michaeli, D., Stofleth, J. T., Lipper, C. H., Morcos, F., Cabantchik, I. Z., Onuchic J. N., Jennings, P. A., Mittler, R.. & Nechushtai, R. (2015) Structure-function analysis of NEET proteins uncovers their role as key regulators of iron and ROS homeostasis in health and disease. Biochim. Biophys Acta, 1853: 1294- 315. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bbamcr.2014.10.014, 1 Co-first author
- Zuris, J.A., Halim, D.A., Conlan, A.R., Abresch, E.C., Nechushtai, R., Paddock, M.,L. and Jennings, P.A. (2010) Engineering the Redox Potential over a Wide Range within a New Class of FeS Proteins. J. Am. Chem. Soc. (Communication) 132, 13120-13122.
- Conlan, A.R., Axelrod, H. L., Cohen, A. E., Abresch, E. C., Zuris, J., Yee, D., Nechushtai, R., Jennings, P. A. and Paddock, M. L., (2009) Crystal Structure of Miner1 shows that the Protein Causitive in Wolfram Syndrome 2 Contains Redox Active 2Fe-2S clusters. J Mol Biol. 392, 143-153.
Obtained Ph.D. in physics (biophysics) and have twenty additional years of academic teaching and research experience. Currently hold a Assistant Teaching Professor position in the Department of Physics at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD). Have taught over 3,000 students at UCSD, predominantly in the Physics 1 series, with great success and consistently favorable student evaluations. Utilize iClicker technology to engage students in lecture to encourage think pair share strategies and receive immediate feedback for problem solving strategy. Assisting with development of state-of- the-art online technology Kudu for engaged textbook, pre-lecture and homework assignments to encourage student participation and responsibility. Developed new demonstrations to engage students in physics 1 and physics 2 lecture and laboratory courses. Currently recording a set for Physics 1A. Developed core course on Genetics and Physiology of Photosynthetic Microorganisms for the Biofuels Science Technician Certificate Program, part of the EDGE (Educating and Developing workers for the Green Economy) initiative. Supervised students and
postdocs on projects and initiated international collaborations in UCSD research laboratories in physics, chemistry and biology. Have used this portal to connect undergraduate and underrepresented students to direct hands-on research at UCSD.