- K. Kisler, A. R. Nelson, S. B. Rege, A. Ramanthan, Y. Wang, A. Ahuja, D. Lazic, P. S. Tsai, Z. Zhao, Y. Zhao, D. A. Boas, S. Sakadžić & B. V. Zlokovic,
Pericyte degeneration leads to neurovascular uncoupling and limits oxygen supply to brain.
Nature Neuroscience (2017) ePub. Online.
- F. Schmid, P. S. Tsai, D. Kleinfeld, P. Jenny and B. Weber,
Depth dependent flow and pressure characteristics in cortical microvascular networks.
Public Library of Science: Computational Biology (2017) 13:e1005392.
- I. Gould, P. S. Tsai, D. Kleinfeld and A. Linninger,
The capillary bed offers the largest hemodynamic resistance to the cortical blood supply.
Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism (2017) 37:52–68.
- P. S. Tsai, C. Mateo, J.J. Field, C.B. Schaffer, M.E. Anderson & D. Kleinfeld,
Ultra-large field-of-view two- photon microscopy.
Optics Express (2015) 23: 13833-13847
- A.Y. Shih, C. Ruehlmann, P. Blinder, A. Devor, P.J. Drew, B. Friedman, P.M. Knutsen, P.D. Lyden, C. Mateo, L. Mellander, N. Nishimura, C.B. Schaffer, P.S. Tsai and D. Kleinfeld,
Robust and Fragile Aspects of Cortical Blood Flow in Relation to the Underlying Angioarchitecture.
Microcirculation (2015) 22:204-218
QBio Lab Coordinator / Project Scientist, Dept. of Physics, University of California, San Diego (2015 – Present) Designed, furnished, and equipped a new state-of-the-art graduate teaching laboratory space for dedicated use by newly formed Quantitative Biology interdisciplinary graduate specialization. Oversaw budgeting, purchasing and installation of a STED-super-resolution-capable laser scanning confocal microscope, numerous bright field microscopes, 3D printers, machining equipment, computer-interface hardware, and wet-lab instrumentation. Served as technical consultant on research projects for scientists utilizing QBio lab resources.
Associate Project Scientist, Dept. of Physics, University of California, San Diego (2011 – 2015)
Developed and implemented bio-imaging research projects, including: a feedback-driven robotic skull surgery with femtosecond laser pulses, and an ultra-wide-field multiphoton imaging system. Completed development of vectorized models of mouse brain vasculature utilizing circuit model computations to predict flow patterns. Mentored and assisted pre-doctoral and post-doctoral students on research projects.