Antoinette (Toni) Moore is our Undergraduate Advisor and is available to provide assistance to current and prospective undergraduate students regarding course offerings, enrollment, the major, the minor, petitions, transfer courses, how to get involved with research, and more! After consulting with Toni she may recommend that you meet with a Physics Faculty Advisor (Rick Averitt, Dan Dubin, Olga Dudko, and Cliff Surko). In such a case, Toni will help you setup your appointment with the appropriate faculty member. Determine which advising option is best for you, then review our days & hours of availability:
- Walk-In: Degree audit, current quarter scheduling, enrollment questions/concerns, petitions, etc
- Appointment: Selecting a major/specialization, long term planning, double major, minor, research
- Electronic: Just about everything!
Walk-in advising is available on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays in Mayer Hall Addition 2581 each
week of the academic term.
In-person advising hours are:
- 8am - 11am (last student is seen at 10:45am)
- 1:30pm - 3pm (last student is seen at 2:45pm)
Advising appointments are available in weeks 3-10 during the in-person advising days & hours above.
To request an appointment please send a message through the Virtual Advising Center (VAC).
Please make sure you:
- indicate that you hope to meet and the reason(s) why
- include your availability during all in-person advising day & hours
- avoid requesting a same/next day appointment
- avoid listing availability that falls outside of the in-person advising days & hours
- avoid requesting an appointment for weeks 0-2, finals week, or summer/winter/spring break
Electronic advising is available through the VAC. With the exception of office/campus closures you can submit an inquiry anytime. Toni reads and responds to messages in the order received and only during the work-week (Mon - Fri). Standard response time is 3-5 business days but sometimes longer during enrollment periods. Please Note: Advising is not available via phone/email for current students.
Prospective Student Department Undergraduate Advising Contact
Toni Moore - Undergraduate Program Advising